Monday, June 9, 2014

Kitten June 9th, 2014

She's Getting Feisty!

Her activity level keeps increasing! Today at work has been interesting, she's taken to exploring the office rather than staying under my desk as was my initial intention....Shhhh don't tell my boss! Haha  He's still being a good sport but I don't know how far I can push my luck bringing her in. 

On a good note, we haven't had any accidents since last week! And that one was my fault, she didn't go potty before I put her in her crate, then on the car ride home she started howling! I knew she had to go but their was no where to pull over, so she wet the bed and it was my fault. I try really hard to make sure she goes potty before we go anywhere but it just can't be helped at all times.

Here we are snuggling on the couch, she's between Ziva and myself. Poor Dante has decided that the kitten is the scariest thing in the whole world! He avoids her at all costs, poor dog.

Ziva isn't so sure what to think about her, she has a strong prey drive that we've been working on. At this point she'll stare and whine a little but I don't think she'd try to hurt the kitten. It's funny though because she's great with cats! She's met my mom's cats, my girlfriends' cats, and lives with my two indoor cats (maybe she thinks the kitten is more squirrel than cat...she loves to chase squirrels).

Snuggled up next to Ziva's warm butt.
My two cats are doing much better with her as well, we still don't allow them to socialize. The kitten isn't up to date on any shots yet because she is still to young. I don't think that anything could be passed between all the cats but its better safe than sorry, the dogs are fine though. My vet informed me that dogs and cats don't typically share stuff.  

She's still on goats milk, we're having a tough time transitioning her to wet cat food. Anything in a dish isn't interesting to her yet. So we'll just have to be patient.

Here's a funny video, she's starting to pounce and try to jump. It's pretty funny when she does though, her walk is also getting really fast and she's starting to climb on top of things and she's getting really adventurous.






Becoming interested in playing with objects.



No comments:

Post a Comment