Monday, June 30, 2014

Kitten Off to Her New Home!

Koroleva - Russian for "Queen"

With a name like Koroleva I know her new family will spoil her.
Cats were once worshiped as gods in ancient Egypt, something that I don't think they ever forgot.

As of yesterday June 29th, 2014 my little kitty went off to her new home!
Its a little bittersweet, I think that Ziva and I will miss her the most.

Ziva loves the kitten.

Her final weight with me was 1 pound 10 ounces, and we're guessing she's about 6 1/2 - 7 weeks old now. Still a little young to be away from mom (that would be me) but she's become very independent as foster kittens tend to reach milestones quicker than if they were to be with their mother.

 She had become extremely fast, running her way around my house and zipping up and down our stairs.
On top of becoming very independent she also is brave and curious, scared of nothing and chasing anything that moved including my two cats and Dante.


As far as feeding goes, she is eating wet food no problem and even drank water for the first time ever! We've been trying to get her interested in it, but she finally decided to try it out on her own!


First time drinking water!!






I think it helped her to try is by seeing Belle drinking from the water dish.

She went back for more the rest of the day!






And as you can see she's gotten much bigger!


Having a kitten was a wonderful experience, and a lot of work. Don't let anyone fool you, babies are work. Fun work, but work nonetheless. Puppies are even more work than kittens, they grow slower and aren't considered an adult until 2 or three years old depending on their breed.

Its nice having a quiet house back, Merlot hated the kitten and he's been very loving since she left. Its also nice not having to chase her out of things that she would get into.

But I already miss the little patter of her feet running around on our hard wood floors, on a good note she's living with some great friends of mine and i'll still get to see her!

We owe Koroleva a big thanks, she helped Ziva conquer her prey drive! Check out that story here. I'm curious if overtime she will remember Ziva. We plan on letting Ziva visit her.

Dogs have an incredible scent memory, cats though? I'm not sure...I know Ziva will remember her.


Wonderful Experience for everyone involved.

She's gotten so big!
Some pictures from her new family.











No comments:

Post a Comment